Take a simple test and find out which diet is right for you?
Is it possible to find a nutrition system that is right for you and helps keep weight under control year after year? The problem of about 80% of those who succeeded in this is that all this excess, so hard-lost fat mass is coming back, and pretty soon.
Surely experienced "losing weight" will tell you that most diets that they have tried can help reduce weight, but only for a short period. The trick is to find such a technique, a nutrition system — anything — that will not only help you strike extra pounds, but also keep yourself in new shape.
First you need to find the right diet for youYou may have to try several different techniques. If you can hardly stand the new diet and feel worse, then this is not your diet and you need to change it urgently. Now there are many methods of losing weight for all occasions. The main task is also that the diet is consistent with the characteristics of your personality, your state of health, your life and the size of your wallet.
Identify your eating habits
Answer these 4 questions by choosing the answer that best suits your personality.
1. What do you feel about food? AND. Food has a very important place in my life. I always enjoy family and friendly feasts.B. I eat more often from boredom or when I'm very nervous than when I'm really hungry.IN. Cooking and eating along with homework greatly complicates the process of losing weight.G. I am an organized person, draw up a nutrition plan and always buy products in advance and on a list.D. It is very important for me to be able to eat everything that I love - I hate feeling deprived of something pleasant.
2. What helps you lose weight? AND. Looking good and feeling healthy is the most important motivation for me.B. The example of people who are with me “in the same boat” helps me a lot and supports me morally.. IN. I tried to lose weight many times and did not find a truly effective way that would bring real results.G. There is less to go in for sports - I don’t see other ways, besides, it’s useful for me to force myself to obey certain rules and restrictions.D. Sophisticated systems that require strict selection of food and counting calories. But it is quite laborious and tiring.
3. What answer more accurately characterizes your attitude to weight loss? AND. This diet should "adapt" to my life - both at home and at work, and not vice versa.B. I find it difficult to solve such problems alone - I need communication and support from like-minded people.IN. I give up and resolve disappears if I do not see a quick result.G. As long as my clothes fasten and I do not need to think about it, I am happy.D. I hate various ladies' communities, where everyone talks only about how to lose weight.
4. What stops you when trying to lose weight? AND. Continuous calorie counting is not consistent with my lifestyle.B. As soon as I get to a party or receive guests, I can not resist, I eat too much and in the end I gain a couple of kilograms.IN. I never dump as much as I want for me to have an incentive to continue.G. I’m not sure that when I return to normal nutrition, all the kilograms lost will not return.D. I do not want to feel as if I am always on a diet and should limit myself.
Calculate which circles you scored more. The result will help you navigate and choose the optimal “eating behavior” strategy, as nutritionists say, which suits you best. It is not so important which diet you choose for yourself. The main thing is a sequence of actions and long-term planning! Do not worry if your answers were not too accurate - you can safely use for yourself the recommendations from another group. The main thing is that they are convenient and acceptable for you.
More ALifestyle. Personal, household chores and work occupy a central place in your life, so the diet should fit into your schedule and easily adapt to your usual diet. Anything that reminds you of privations and restrictions will not lead to success in your case.
Try to start by simply reducing the serving size - “by eye”. A long diet is not suitable for you. Before you it poses a difficult task: to put up with restrictions for a long time, constantly deny yourself the pleasures of life. But the Mediterranean diet, which includes not only healthy, but also very tasty products, should appeal to you. And fitness classes too.
Support. You cannot do this on your own and alone and feel relieved to see that other people have the same problems and difficulties. You need like-minded people who are ready to support each other and act together, share experiences and focus on luck.
Try to choose a time when you are in a state of peace of mind. Start eating according to the rules only in a good mood, in addition to food, find other sources of pleasure and positive emotions. Be prepared for the fact that the diet will not give immediate results, but you will understand that self-restraint is within your power. Next, plan your daily diet in such a way as to consolidate the modest but already achieved results. Learn to reward yourself even for small successes.
Impulse is exactly what you need. You do not have enough resolve and you need the help of loved ones, the influence of specialists and advice, following which you can get a noticeable result. Try one of the express diets, for example, a 5-day mono-diet, changing the main product or group of products every day - vegetables, dairy , fruits, protein, etc. You can drink water without restrictions. By the way, this applies to any diets.
Organization. You do not need to drastically reduce the amount of food and make fundamental changes in nutrition and lifestyle. It is most important for you to organize your schedule as clearly as possible, draw up a plan and observe it in a disciplined manner. The main thing is that this schedule is feasible and it would be quite simple and convenient for you to stick to it.
Try to keep a food diary where you will record everything that you ate and drank in a day. This will help you quickly adjust your diet and daily routine. It is also a good disciplining factor. And also include small deviations from the diet in your schedule - let it be the planned "pranks".
Get out of the diet! You do not have the time, and the desire, to invent and fantasize on the topics of nutrition, counting calories and composition of products. You are not going to deprive yourself of your favorite dishes or spend precious evenings on consultations with nutritionists, meetings in health clubs and chatting with weight loss fans. You need gradual and long-term changes regarding the lifestyle as a whole, which will give not immediate, but sustainable results.
Try to make at first minimal adjustments to the usual daily routine, including nutrition. Light, barely noticeable at first restrictions will lead to the fact that your tastes will change - the forbidden becomes tasteless. A little less portion and a little more movement, and so gradually, getting used to and rebuilding, you will begin to live and eat differently.
Weight Loss Programs and Their Features
MONODIETS The monodiet rules recommend eating the same low-calorie product for a certain time, for example, only sour-milk products for several days, then only buckwheat, vegetables, vegetable soup, meat
Pros: according to experts, the maximum duration of a mono-diet is 1-2 days, despite the fact that the daily caloric value should be at least 1000 kilocalories. You can use the principle of mono-diet itself, using a new product every day for a week - rice, vegetables, cottage cheese
There is a rational grain in it - you cannot eat much of the same, and such alternation has a positive effect on metabolism.
Minuses: such a sharp depletion of the diet and a decrease in calorie content often leads to the opposite effect. The body in a stressful situation simply blocks all sources of fat withdrawal in the cell and keeps it there until the last. Weight is temporarily reduced, but not due to fat, but due to muscle tissue and water, that is, the body dramatically loses the protein it needs, which we get only with food, unlike fat (it is in the subcutaneous fat and around some organs ) and carbohydrates (in the form of glycogens they accumulate in the liver and muscles). And with a protein deficiency, intracellular reactions, enzyme synthesis are disrupted, the nervous system and brain suffer. And the longer such a diet lasts, the more difficult it is to lose weight, as the metabolism slows down.
LOW GI DIETS
This is an exception to the diet of foods with a high glycemic index (GI) - “fast carbohydrates”, sugar, and generally any sweets that are instantly absorbed and increase blood glucose and fat.Pros: such a power system is easy to organize, it does not require much effort, except the effort of will, of course. In addition, in 2 weeks you can really lose a few pounds.
Minuses: the lack of carbohydrates in the body enhances the feeling of hunger during the diet, leads to headache, decreased muscle mass, metabolic disorders, while weight loss slows down.
LOW FAT DIET
There are no prohibitions on any products, the only restriction is the minimum fat intake per day, namely 30–40 g. For this, it is necessary to use low-fat or non-fat products.Pros: You can apply a low-fat diet for a long time, although the result from it is not instant. Weight loss is 1-1.5 kg per month. Reducing the amount of fat that comes with food leads to a decrease in caloric intake. If the body needs more energy than it receives from food, it takes the missing amount of energy from fat stores.Minuses: this approach does not take into account all the needs of the body. After all, along with harmful fats, there are also beneficial ones that we need constantly. With a lack of these fats, the skin loses its elasticity, the hair begins to fall out, overfatigue occurs - both physical and mental. Low-fat foods leave your stomach faster, so after a while you will constantly experience a feeling of hunger.
Low-calorie diet Based on strict calorie restriction: no more than 800 kcal per day.Pros: the visible result appears quite soon, and the indicators on the scales will please you. Losing weight with such a diet can be up to 1.5 kg per week.Minuses: the daily nutritional value of products should be at least 1200-1500 kcal. An organism deprived of valuable nutrients experiences stress, in addition, it gets used to restrictions and simply ceases to break down fats, putting them in the depot for a rainy day.
Low carb diet
This diet is based on the use of protein products (meat, poultry, fish, cottage cheese, cheese, etc.) without restriction. And carbohydrate products, including fruits, vegetables, cereals, bread, potatoes are minimized.Pros: Protein-containing foods are very healthy, no doubt. Lean pork and beef are rich in iron and B vitamins. Another source of protein is sea fish (mackerel, tuna, salmon, herring, anchovy), contains valuable omega-3 fatty acids, so try to eat them at least 3-4 times a week. The meat of chicken and turkey has few harmful saturated fats, but they are quite nutritious and satisfying.Minuses: a large amount of protein, experts say, is a very serious burden on the body. Contraindications for a protein diet are cardiovascular diseases, as are diseases of the kidneys and liver. Therefore, although protein products are necessary for the body, their number should be limited to healthy limits.
Pros: if you eat and drink all unsalted, then liquid is eliminated from the body, because it is the salt that holds it there.Minuses: Despite the kilograms lost, fat reserves remain with you, you only come closer to the stage of dehydration. It is no coincidence that doctors and nutritionists always advise drinking enough water - without it, the body is much more difficult than without food.
Diet is not right?
To quickly determine whether this diet is suitable for your body, you need to focus on your health.
Diet does not suit you if:
- you have uncontrollable attacks of hunger;
- you pounce on food and cannot restrain yourself;
- you are haunted by thoughts about food;
- your stomach hurts and your digestion is broken;
- you can hardly withstand such a diet;
- you have a weakness.
If after 10−12 days of punctual adherence to the diet you have a feeling of lightness, energy and a surge of strength, this is YOUR diet.
Decided to eat on the system?A few tips to get you started:
- Mark the start date of the “new life” on the calendar.
- Enlist the support of friends and family.
- Set your achievable goals for the week.
- Write down the main reasons why you decided to lose weight, and read this entry every day.
- Make a plan of physical activity. Start a little and gradually increase the load.
- Take pictures of food before meals on your mobile phone, this will help you adjust the portion size during the day at any place where you decide to eat, even in a restaurant.
- Tune in for luck. Be kind to yourself, focus on what you have achieved, and praise yourself. This will give you a new incentive to fight for a figure.